Wednesday 26 November 2014

The right way to take a product image with an iPhone




I sell a lot of items on eBay, so I'm always taking product photos for my listings. The iPhone is my camera of choice as the eBay iPhone app makes it easy to upload photos to an auction's description. Though convenient, the iPhone doesn't take great photos or so I thought until I saw this shot from photographer Tilo Gockel.

Gockel created this image using an iPhone 4s an IKEA halogen lamp, two LED flashlights, and lightbox film. With the right lighting and proper focus, even the older iPhone 4s can take stunning photos. Knife


You can head over to Gockel's blog for detailed information on his photo-taking process. There's also a few more photos of the knife and another series showcasing a watch.


[Via Petapixel]





No comments:

Post a Comment